Friday, October 19, 2012

Heya, Sweetheart

Dear Readers,

Three years ago (Lord, really?) I was in NYC with my girlfriends for Halloween.  NYC has a way of making those of us who live elsewhere feel frumpy the minute we touch down.  However, the worst was my realization that yes, the entire world had moved on from bootcut jeans to skinny jeans and leggings and I alone was wearing ugly, large-bottomed jeans designed to "balance out" my hips and thighs.

Since that time, I've happily adopted leggings (or as my friend refers to them "a fat girl's best friend").  Paired with a long-ish top and flats or boots you look instantly passable and "now."  Skinny jeans, well, that's a different matter all together.  I'm not larger than a lot of people I see in skinny jeans.  It's more that I can just never justify the price tag of designer skinny jeans with my current lifestyle.  If I'm not in work clothes, I'm either in sweats at home or leggings out.  But I missed jeans, so I kept trying to find some reasonably-priced  "skinny" jeans that didn't make me look like Jabba The Hut or a pudgy teen.

And then I discovered the Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans.  The over-promoted Rockstars are for prepubescent girls.  The Sweethearts, however, are for women like me - women with curves who want something cute, basic and cut so that you don't have to wax to wear them.  Put them on with cute flats and top and "presto" - you're one hip Mama! And at $30 a pop, buy them in every color and be the envy of your less clever friends.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment