Thursday, January 3, 2013

Le Chat Noir

Dear Readers,

It is January, a time of year that makes me want to burn all brocade, fur, sparkle and wine-colored everything in my closet and replace it all with fresh white, navy and Kelly Green in preparation for spring.  That said, I am not yet ready to retire my winter staple: black tights.  First, it is unbelievably cold outside.  But beyond that, I always feel 60's cool and skinnier in opaque black tights, patent black high heels and a slightly shorter-than-usual work dress.

The only issue I have is finding the "perfect" black tights.  I thought I had found some by Betsy Johnson a few years back who makes some very cute, low-waisted ones with a tiny bow in the front.  However, they were very hard to find in plain black and my honest preference was for something higher-waisted (nobody needs muffin top under a dress; nobody).

And then: a breakthrough.  After years of trial and error, I can confirm I have found the perfect pair!  Ellen Tracy's Completely Opaque Tights in Jet Black.  They're long enough (I'm 5'9, so that's a minor miracle in and of itself), nearly completely opaque and (best of all) they can be pulled up comfortably to your bra line.  Hallelujah!  And as if this weren't enough, they're reasonably priced (ahem, Wolford) and will appear on your doorstep in seconds thanks to Amazon Prime (totally worth it - trust me).

Long live winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment