Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Quickie Shake

Dear Readers,

I adopted the easiest, yummy shake in the world from (wait for it...) GP's It's All Good.  I know, I know.  The obsession will stop someday soon, but I'm currently cooking my way through many of the pages so bear with me.  And if I suddenly look like GP, you'll all know why.

Anyhow, the Almond Kale Shake (my slightly altered version) is not only easy, good and good for you on a busy (or lazy) morning, but it's Muffin's new favorite thing!  He seriously will down an entire cup of this all at once when given some.  That kid kills me.  Also, I felt very smug reporting to his pediatrician at his 18 month appointment that his top foods included an almond kale shake.  I won't mention his other favorite food (ice cream).

Here you go!

Almond Kale Shake

1 cup of kale (baby or regular; if using the grown-up version de-rib it first)
1 cup of almond milk
2 tablespoons of almond butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 pitted date
3 ice cubes

Blend, blend, blend in your blender of choice and presto!  Breakfast, snack, whatever of champions!

Bon appetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment